Outstanding in His Field

Perfection is Temporary Howdy, my Folly Friends. If you’re experiencing what I have lately you probably can’t believe how time flies. As we work towards goals, make improvements to our property, mind, etc. there just isn’t enough time in the day it seems like. But...
Salt Marsh Diaries

Salt Marsh Diaries

Amazing Grace & the Hooded Merganser From my stool at the breakfast table, I look down at Grace the dog. She paces from one side of me to the other, then she barks, as if to will my eggs onto the floor. At eight years old, Grace is still more puppy than adult. Her...
Post Office Worker Cathy Jackson Says Goodbye

Post Office Worker Cathy Jackson Says Goodbye

Dear Folly Friends! I have seen a lot of people come and go in my five years at the Folly Beach Post Office. Now, it’s my turn to say goodbye. I have been offered a full time position at a Post Office in Northern Virginia.  I really love the area, and it is a good...
In Search of the Elusive Roseate Spoonbill

In Search of the Elusive Roseate Spoonbill

Many years ago, I saw my first roseate spoonbill in the Atchafalaya Delta, South Louisiana. I wasn’t a birder at the time. In fact, the spoonbill was pointed out to me by my mentor, Ivor. Ivor spent years researching natural processes in the Atchafalaya, including its...
Folly’s Finest

Folly’s Finest

Folly Beach’s Public Safety department has always gone above the call of duty Folly’s police and fire department pose for a picture in the early ‘90s with Mayor Bob Linville seated in the middle (dark tie), next to George Tittle, the chief of police. James Couche...
Dodging Dangerous Summer Storms

Dodging Dangerous Summer Storms

Anchored in north-facing Manjack lagoon, Spartina began to roll occasionally on random ocean swells. By midnight, the rolling became regular. Swells, from tropical storm Chris off the Carolina Coast, had found us in Abaco. It was mid-July and time to leave the...

Pin It on Pinterest