Folly Fishing Report — March 2020

Folly Fishing Report — March 2020

Time To Get Back on the Water The water is warming, which means its time to get ready to catch some fish Warmer weather is arriving in the Lowcountry and we’ve already seen a few days in the 70s. As the water temperature rises, trout and redfish will become more...
Salt Marsh Diaries — Shifting Sands

Salt Marsh Diaries — Shifting Sands

In late summer of 2011, I idled into the cove behind the southwestern Morris Island spit. Right away, something wasn’t right. I’d just spent the summer swimming, crabbing, and casting for bait in this cove and knew it well. Nearly every day, I negotiated the narrow...

Outstanding In His Field — Make It Fun

Hello My Friends, before I start my ramblings I would like to throw a big shout out to You, the readers for taking the time to read these articles and the great response I’ve had and the cool people I’ve met because of it. Also much Love to the Folly Current and all...
Folly Flashback — January 2020

Folly Flashback — January 2020

Remembering Folly’s Past Beauty Queens Pageants and beauty contests were a regular part of social life on Folly Beach in the ‘50s and ‘60s. Pamelia Jowers, Sis Inabinett, and Maebelle Barnett pose here in their finest evening gowns at the GA’s Banquet. (Courtesy of...
Salt Marsh Diary — January 2020

Salt Marsh Diary — January 2020

A Close Call for Spartina Spartina, our aging 41-foot sailboat, sat idle for almost a year and a half before I decided to motor her 500 miles north for a minor refit. Boats shouldn’t sit idle. Understandably, her grumbling started soon after getting underway.  On the...

Outstanding in his Field — January 2020

Why I Do The Plunge (and why you should) Hello People of 2020! I hope everyone has enjoyed, (or survived in some cases) the holidays. I thought I would take a break from my monthly grass roots movement on the landscape industry, (pun intended) and talk about my 2nd...

Pin It on Pinterest