Folly Fishing Report — November 2019

Folly Fishing Report — November 2019

Water is cooling, fish know they better eat now Fishing this past month was great and we can expect November to be just as productive!  Chilly nights remind redfish and trout that they had better eat now or it will be a long few months ahead without any food....
Folly Flashback — October 2019

Folly Flashback — October 2019

Folly’s First Firetrucks Folly Beach got its first fire truck, an International Harvester, in 1941. In this picture, local Folly women show off the new vehicle. (L-R: Unknown, Marion Smith, Helen Barbery, Maida Dudley). Thirty-three years later, on ‘Kids Day’ in...
Salt Marsh Diary — October 2019

Salt Marsh Diary — October 2019

Riding Out the Storm This time of year, I constantly monitor the National Hurricane Center website for Atlantic storm activity. I watched Hurricane Dorian form east of the Bahamas, then grow into a monster cyclone almost overnight. It came ashore on Elbow Cay as a...

Outstanding in his Field — October 2019

Reducing Moisture Hello Friends, after some of my recent adventures dealing with plantings around properties I thought I would take a moment to address a very common problem, “excess moisture.” If you’ve ever dealt with termite damage, rotten siding, molds, etc.,...
Folly Fishing Report — October 2019

Folly Fishing Report — October 2019

Don’t Winterize That Boat, Get Out on the Water! Fall has arrived with cooler weather and shorter days. But don’t put your boat away just yet because we’re about to have the best fishing of the year! Fishermen can continue to find success with live bait but artificial...
Folly Flashback — September 2019

Folly Flashback — September 2019

Hugo’s Power These two images show houses along East Arctic Avenue, looking west toward Center Street from 10th Street East. The first was taken on September 21, 1989, the day before Hugo made landfall. The second is on September 23.  (Courtesy of Bill Perry and...

Pin It on Pinterest