Salt Marsh Diaries — June 2019

Salt Marsh Diaries — June 2019

Mother’s Day at a Michigan Red Lobster Recently, we drove 16 hours from Folly Beach to Hastings, Mich. to visit my wife’s Aunt Shirley. We rented a very old log cabin surrounded by 60 acres of woods. Down a steep grade from the cabin, frogs sang every night from three...

Outstanding in his Field — June 2019

Tend To It and It Will Thrive Hello Folly Friends, Family and those just taking a peek under the hood. I’d like to take a moment to talk about the power of nurturing. I’m not just talking about landscaping and such, there is no better way to sow positive results than...
Folly’s Wild Dunes

Folly’s Wild Dunes

This panoramic pencil drawing by artist Alfred Waud illustrates both the wild and sizeable dunes on Folly, as well as Union soldiers pointing toward the sea and the ships forming the blockade. Drawn in May 1863, the coming summer would prove to be the most eventful in...
Salt Marsh Diaries — May 2019

Salt Marsh Diaries — May 2019

Call of the Wild Driving north on Folly road past Battery Island Drive one morning, I saw a lanky dog-like animal cross in front of me toward an oncoming car. With incredible agility, the animal reversed course to avoid a collision. It paused by the side of the road...
Folly Fishing Report — May 2019

Folly Fishing Report — May 2019

Great Fishing Abounds in May Redfish, bluefish, ladyfish, trout, Spanish mackerel, and sharks are Abundant in Lowcountry waters this time of year Warm weather has arrived and with it comes a host of seasonal species like shark, ladyfish, and bluefish. Our traditional...

Outstanding In His Field — May 2019

Meeting Goals Gradually Hello Folly Family, (and outlying dwellers as well.) In the constant quest to improve things, I’ve grown to appreciate using a gradual technique to work towards my long-term goals. Being idle obviously won’t get you to your dreams, but I’ve...

Pin It on Pinterest