Dust Off Your Easter Bonnet

Dust Off Your Easter Bonnet

11th annual Easter Promenade will be held April 20 from Staff Reports| Spring is in the air and that must mean it’s almost time for the Easter Bunny. It also means it’s time for the annual Folly Beach Easter Promenade. The Folly Home and Garden Club is once again...
A Fond Farewell to Folly

A Fond Farewell to Folly

A longtime folly local says good-bye Dear Editor, I’m writing this as a fond farewell to Folly. I was dispatched to Charleston on a work assignment in the Spring of 1983. After some difficulty finding a place to apply my living stipend I was approached by a coworker...

Salt Marsh Diaries — April 2019

Family has Texas-Sized Fun on Folly An extended family from Texas met me at the dock. Mom, Dad, and the four grandkids had driven to Folly from Houston for spring break. Grandma and Grandpa flew in from West Texas to join them. They came from the oil fields of...

Outstanding in His Field — April 2019Your Mom Doesn’t Work Here …

Your Mom Doesn’t Work Here … “So pick up after yourself!” It’s a saying we’ve all seen or heard once or twice, if not you’re missing out on some serious Wisdom. It applies on so many levels and in pretty much everywhere outside your home as well. Another saying...
A Granddaughter’s Love

A Granddaughter’s Love

Memorial for Marty Ahern planned for April 20 By Jess VanScoy | Special to The Current It’s her smells I remember most. Bijan perfume. Chivas on ice. Her famous pot roast. Or perhaps it was her sounds. The dangle of her bracelets. Shuffling feet in flip flops. The...
Folly Flashback — Ruby’s Wreckage

Folly Flashback — Ruby’s Wreckage

Confederate ship Ruby ran aground on Folly’s North end British-built and designed and reinforced to take fire and slip through the Union blockade of the harbor, the Confederate ship, Ruby, found an even more formidable foe in the sandbars of Lighthouse Inlet on...

Pin It on Pinterest